For all COVID-19 Updates see the school website: https://www.middleton.school.nz/latest-news/
Friday 20th March
UPDATE FOR STUDENTS
Today in year 7 – 13, form teachers will read a prepared statement to their classes about COVID-19, and our response to it. The statement is too complex for primary students and contains many details that aren’t relevant.
If you feel it’s appropriate to say something to your class, I suggest that you cover the following points
- We have a world-wide pandemic called COVID-19 or Coronavirus, which has symptoms like the flu. Hardly anyone in NZ has it. Most people that catch it are sick for a few days and then they fully recover.
- We should not be afraid or panic, instead we should be calm and sensible and follow the advice that our government is giving us. We should pray for wisdom and ask for God to help us.
- The Government has told us not to gather in large groups, so we have cancelled school assemblies, lots of sports events and things that involve large crowds. We’re not allowed to travel overseas at the moment.
- Our school cleaners are doing extra cleaning and wiping of surfaces to stop germs from spreading.
- We should wash our hands regularly, especially after going to the toilet and before eating. We should wash our hands after coughing, sneezing or blowing our noses. We should wash them thoroughly (20 seconds) and dry them properly. VERY IMPORTANT
- If we sneeze, cough or blow our noses, we should use tissues and keep well away from others.
- If you feel unwell at all don’t some to school until you are completely better.
Some people have talked about schools closing. There are no plans to close the school at the moment. You are quite safe here, and it’s good to be with your friends enjoying your learning.
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.