Leadership encompasses the idea of ability to influence. A range of leadership roles are available for pupils to develop communication and interpersonal skills and to exercise the gifts God has given them.
Leadership roles include:
- House Captains
- Primary and Middle School Council
- Vertical Group Representatives and Class Leaders
- International Ambassadors
- Student Representative on the Board of Trustees
- Drama Captains
- World Vision
- Buddy Systems: In the Primary school, pupils in younger and older classes are paired for specific school activities e.g. during the swimming programme or at other times where teachers identify this as beneficial
- Y7 Peer Support (Year 10s)
- Y9 Camp Peer Leaders (Year 13s)
Beginning of year activities such as camps, field trips and special events days provide opportunities for pupils to be identified as leaders who, given training and opportunity, can learn to influence in a way that develops their gifts and abilities in a Godly manner.
Special projects and initiatives allow identified pupils to work together to help others and have a positive influence in the school. For example:
- Wellington Service and Leadership Trip (Year 9 pupils)
- Participation in conferences such as the annual Intermediate or the National Young Leaders Conference and Equip.