Middleton Grange has four major fundraising thrusts each year:
Middleton Evening Market
Please note that sadly we have decided to postpone the Middleton Evening Market/Fiesta as we have been unable to secure the much-needed interest/support in organising and co-ordinating the event. Instead, however, we are holding a MGS Whānau Fun Night, a social evening of games and family fun on Friday 29th November as an alternative. Further details about this will be shared with you soon.
We are hoping to have the Evening Market again next year. In order to support this, we will be establishing a Middleton Grange School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and are seeking expressions of interest from parents who might like to attend a meeting to hear more about this and possibly be involved in this organisation. If you are interested could you please contact Hillary Carley via email email@example.com to provide us with your contact details and any experience or strengths that you may be able to provide.
We would love to be inundated with offers and expressions of interest for parents to join and establish a PTA at Middleton Grange School in 2020.
Entertainment Membership – Book & Digital options
On sale from late March each year, and distributed around mid-May, Entertainment Memberships more than pay for themselves with valuable discounts for many restaurants, cafes, hotels, rental cars, entertainment outlets and more. There are two types of Entertainment Membership:
- Book membership (register your gold card to get additional savings emailed to you during the year)
- Digital membership (Apple and Android)
Purchases can be made through the school (information will be sent with pupils and by email) and online at the Entertainment Book website.
Mufti days, the 40 Hour Famine, a ‘Workers Auction’ and Eastercamp Op-shop are a few of the annual fundraising activities the school holds to support the work of World Vision.
Back-to-school stationery and stationery for your family or business ordered through Office Max – My School earns us cash-back to spend on improving education for your child.
There are a number of businesses who credit us with ‘cash-back’ if you name Middleton Grange when dealing with them:
- Vodafone Customers: simply by linking your monthly account to us, Intelligent Rewards give us credit each time you pay your account! Ask your family and friends to link us to their accounts too.
- Shoe Clinic stock a range of approved school shoes. Every pair purchased at Shoe Clinic earns our school $10 cash so please ensure your purchase is linked to us. Not valid for online purchases.
- The Athletes Foot also give us a donation each year to help purchase sports equipment for pupils. This is based on how much money is spent by Middleton families at their Riccarton store, so be sure to link your purchase to us!
- Julie Proctor at Harcourts Gold will donate to our school as a result of a sale and on mention of her advert in all issues of our newsletter.
- Any new ANZ Home Loan linked to Middleton Grange gives us credits at the ANZ Awards Centre for items such as sports equipemnt or computers. Be sure to let your personal banker know you wish to support Middleton Grange.
- Join Fisher Funds Kiwisaver and we will receive an initial donation plus ongoing donations based on the amount in your Kiwisaver account.
- Online Shopping at http://www.yourfastshop.co.nz/. Your shopping is dealt with directly by your chosen online store.
- Chalk Educated Toys give us 20c of every dollar you spend.