Attendance Dues are a compulsory fee approved by the Ministry of Education and are payable to the proprietor of the school for the provision of buildings and facilities together with other property related costs as required by the Ministry of Education under the Deed of Integration.
Attendance dues are $1,590 per student in 2021.
Payments are made to the Christian Schools Trust (CST) account (02-0874-0182984-000). Options are:
- By Direct Debit – quarterly, monthly, or fortnightly. This is our preferred option. Forms are available from the Finance Office.
- In full for the year on receipt of the first Term 1 invoice. This qualifies for a $50 discount per student.
- Four instalments – one at the start of each term.
- Monthly or fortnightly by automatic payment.
Special Character Donation – SCD (Voluntary)
One of the reasons that Middleton Grange School is able to deliver quality education is because of parental support, through both prayer and voluntary donations.
Voluntary donation support from parents allows for the following:
- Special Character Provision Government financial support provides for teaching in the general curriculum subjects and whilst biblical principles under-pin all these subjects, we desire to ensure your child is also specifically taught biblical knowledge and understands and can engage with social issues from a Christian perspective. Your voluntary donation ensures that we can support and develop our staff and students in this area as our school receives no government funding for this critical aspect of your child’s education.
- Achievement Initiatives Each year we offer programmes for students to meet the needs of either remedial learners, strugglers and gifted learners. Your voluntary donation supports this. It also supports teaching staff and Middle Leaders in their professional development in strategies which raise student achievement.
- General Resourcing We subsidise a number of activities for your children, e.g. no school van charges for trips within Christchurch, larger than normal funding for libraries and ICT, and financial scholarships for the needy.
The Special Character Donation (SCD on the invoice) is paid into the MGS account (02-0874-0182976-002) as a sliding scale depending on how many children you have attending the school. All donations are receipted and eligible for the 33% tax rebate. A tax donation receipt will be sent in April to cover all donations paid from 1 April to 31 March.
|One child||$540 p.a||Two children||$972 p.a|
|Three children||$1080 p.a||Four + children||$1188 p.a|
Paid to the MGS bank account: (02-0874-0182976-002)
School Activities – Course Costs/Contributions
Some courses incur charges to recover costs where families have chosen to take up a voluntary project or activity within the course. Details of charges are available in the course information booklets. School Activities – Course Costs/Contributions will be invoiced by Middleton Grange School.
Unless we are advised otherwise, payments received will be allocated against the oldest invoice first.