“We rest on Thee – our shield and our defender! We go not forth alone against the foe; Strong in Thy strength, safe in Thy keeping tender, we rest on Thee, and in Thy name we go.”
Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whanau,
On Monday 20 April, the Prime Minister announced that New Zealand will be moving into Alert Level 3 from Tuesday 28 April. As a result, the Senior Leadership Team have put the following response plan in place to cater for the return of any Year 1-10 students from Wednesday 29 April, 2020 who need to be supervised at Middleton Grange School, as well as the continued remote/online learning for ALL other students until we move to Alert Level 2 (at least until Monday 11 May).
We have surveyed our school community and at this stage we expect only 15 students will be attending school from Wednesday 29 April for supervised learning, however this may change over the coming days. All other students will continue with their remote/online learning until we move to Alert Level 2.
All staff, teaching and Support Staff will continue to work from home unless they volunteer or are needed to support the supervision of students at school during Alert Level 3.
Rod Thompson is contacting Primary staff to seek volunteers to supervise the TWO Primary bubbles of students and Matt Barlow is contacting Secondary staff to seek volunteers to supervise the ONE Middle School bubble of students. A roster has been set up for the supervision of students at school during the Alert Level 3 time.
Parents of students attending Middleton Grange School during Alert Level 3 (from Wednesday 29 April – Monday 11 May) will be contacted on Tuesday 28 April with information about the Public Health Guidelines and school requirements that their children must follow while they are at school.
- Key Dates:
- 21 – 24 April: Senior Leadership Team staff (SLT) and key personnel to check the school re: maintenance, cleaning, and preparation for reopening.
- Monday 27 April: Anzac Day Observed (Public Holiday)
- Tuesday 28 April will be a Staff Only Day
- There is no expectation for students to do any schoolwork on this day unless they wish to.
- Wednesday 29 April: remote/online learning resumes under Alert Level 3 for ALL students until at least Monday 11 May.
- Parents and senior students
- Parents will not be permitted to enter any school buildings/grounds at any stage during Alert Level 3.
- Senior students (Year 11 – 13) will not be allowed to enter school during Alert Level 3.
Thank you very much to all our parents and wider school community for your ongoing support and prayers during this time. Our prayers are with you also, as you continue to support your children with their remote/online learning at home and continue to deal with the other challenges that you face.
If you need extra assistance or help in any way please feel free to contact email@example.com
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”