Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whanau
Thank you again for your support with the education of your children under Alert Level 4 during the last week and a half, as well as balancing your work and/or other commitments at home. I appreciate this is a challenging time for many. I’m sure you all heard the Prime Minister’s announcement at 3:00pm on Friday 27 August, which resulted in all of New Zealand south of the Auckland boundary moving to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm on Tuesday 31st August 2021.
This means that Middleton Grange School will be at Alert Level 3 from next Wednesday 1st September until at least Monday 6th September and will continue with ‘Remote Learning’ for All Year 1 – 13 students.
Please note the following:
· For ALL Year 11 – 13 students, remote learning will continue to occur as the only option, and you will not return to school until we reach Alert Level 2.
· Under Alert Level 3, from Wednesday 1st September, ALL Year 1 – 13 students will continue to learn from home. For Year 1 – 10 students, there is the limited option of coming to school to be supervised in ‘Bubbles’ where parents are required to work and there are NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE. Strict guidelines will be in place for this. Refer to the Microsoft form link below, if applicable.
· A reminder – there should only be ONE live lesson per subject class/per week to be offered for Year 9 – 13 students and these should start at the beginning of the allocated period.
YEAR 1 – 10 STUDENTS NEEDING TO LEARN AT SCHOOL UNDER ALERT LEVEL 3:
Please ONLY complete this form (see link below) by 5pm on Monday 30 August if you are in a position where you have no other choice but to send your Year 1 – 10 child/ren to school during Alert Level 3 i.e., you will not be at home to look after your child/ren or cannot provide alternative arrangements. Any students who come to school must be able to self-manage and work independently, whilst adhering to all Covid-19 regulations including mask wearing and social distancing. This is due to the fact that we are dealing with the highly infectious Delta variant.
- Parents who are working from home – please do NOT complete this form.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
· At this stage the Year 11 – 13 prelim exams will still be during weeks 9-10 of term 3 unless we are prevented from returning to school at Alert Level 2 in a timely manner before this.
· The NCEA external exams at the end of the year have been pushed back by 2 weeks, and will now commence on Monday 22 November, which will allow for a further period of teaching, learning and revision to occur in term 4 before the senior students leave for their exams. Consequently, the dates of key events such as prizegiving’s will likely need to be changed. We will communicate this information to you in due course.
Thank you in anticipation for your continuing support of our staff and students remote learning during this time. I would also like to acknowledge and thank my staff, both teaching and support staff, for their genuine care and support of your children with their remote learning. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful staff at Middleton Grange.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to discuss these with your teacher/s and or Head of School.
I will keep you updated as to further developments re: Alert Levels, etc – via email, our school website, and the School App.
2 Corinthians 14:13
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
Nga mihi nui