Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whanau
COVID – 19 (Coronavirus) Update 7
17 March 2020
For all COVID-19 Updates see the school website: https://www.middleton.school.nz/latest-news/
All new …. Please read ….
The government has recently announced that New Zealand is stepping up its pandemic influenza response plans. This means that the situation overseas has changed, and New Zealand’s borders have been tightened in an attempt to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
We are in regular communications with the MOH and MOE officials and we have been advised that there is no reason for alarm. Middleton Grange School will remain open until further notice or instructed otherwise. Our own pandemic plan means that we have systems in place to help us cope if anything changes. However, we are taking proactive measures to ensure the safety of our staff and students.
As a school we have undertaken the following measures outlined below
- We have decided to cancel ALL assemblies until further notice
- The Parent Pupil Teacher Conference (PPTCs) scheduled for weeks 10 and 11 are cancelled. We will arrange alternative ways of communicating with parents about this and will update you soon about the changes.
- Other events involving large crowds or gatherings of students will also likely be cancelled or postponed, as per MOE recommendations.
- Overseas school trips will be cancelled until at least the start of term 3.
- The Senior Formal has been postponed.
In addition, please note
- Communications around school closure, assessment regulations / protocols, and emergency responses will be placed on the school website and sent via email, Facebook or our School App as necessary.
- Posters around the school regarding “good” hygiene practices are visible.
- In the event of the school closing for a period of time, we have identified flexible ways to provide remote Teaching and Learning for our students. Staff are currently preparing for this possibility.
- The school will follow the guidance from NZQA regarding assessments for Senior students.
- If your child is feeling unwell, please do not send them to school. This includes senior students coming in specifically for assessments. If your child displays symptoms during the school day that indicate they are unwell, we will require them to go home.
- Please make sure that if your contact details have changed that the school is aware of your new details by calling the school as soon as possible.
- The Board of Trustees and the Senior Leadership Team are working closely with staff to ensure that all students are kept as safe as possible.
Thank you again for your understanding and support with this matter. Please continue to pray for those affected and for those managing and co-ordinating our nation-wide response.
John 16: 33
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world”.
If you wish to contact myself or Colleen Steyn, International College Director, please do so via email@example.com.