Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whanau
COVID – 19 (Coronavirus) Update 2-21
Monday, 15 February 2021
The Prime Minister announced last night that the Government has moved Auckland to Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand to Alert Level 2 until 11.59 pm on Wednesday, 17 February 2021. This will be reviewed every 24 hours.
Obviously, this will have an ongoing impact on our school and the events we had planned over the next few days.
Please note the following:
- Christchurch is in Alert Level 2.
- It is safe to continue attending school under Alert Level 2.
- Personal hygiene is extremely important so your child must wash their hands regularly using soap and water; use hand sanitizer where available and sneeze and cough into their elbows. They may wear a mask if they choose to.
- Drop Off Under Alert Level 2 guidelines parents are requested to drop their children off at the school gate and not enter the school grounds, unless absolutely essential in which case they will need to sign in at the respective school office and ensure they scan the school QR code.
- School photos will still take place today, Monday, 15 and tomorrow, Tuesday, 16 February as scheduled.
- Year 9 Parents Evening This was scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, 16 February, however, has been postponed until next Thursday, 25 February at 7pm and will be combined with the Year 10 Parent Evening.
- Year 9-13 School Athletics will continue as planned for this Thursday, 18 February, except if we are still at Alert Level 2, spectators will not be allowed.
- Year 7 and Year 8 Activity Days will proceed as planned this Thursday, 18 February.
- Year 12-13 Parent Evening This was scheduled for this Thursday, 18 February, however, has been postponed until next Tuesday, 23 February, 7pm.
- Sport All sport is continuing as planned, but without spectators and following health guidelines. Playground and sports equipment use is allowed.
- Laptops, devices and essential learning materials ALL students must take these home with them
EACH day, in case we are told that we are moving to Alert Level 3 overnight and are returning to Distance Learning.
- Sickness If your child is unwell or showing symptoms of sickness, they should stay at home and you are strongly encouraged to get them tested for Covid-19. If they get tested, they should stay at home until they get the all-clear for the test.
We will keep you updated if there are any further changes. If you have any questions about anything, please contact us at email@example.com
“He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”